Friday, October 8, 2010

Cheap flights, how I love thee

So I don’t know what it is but traveling in Europe is about a million times easier and more affordable than traveling in the United States. Okay maybe not easier but the costs sure do make it seem that way. So far I have booked flights going to 4 different cities and all together I think that it has come out to the same cost as a round trip ticket going to New York. And that would be if you bought your ticket to New York a year in advance, with a discount and your departure isn’t during a popular traveling time.

It’s sad that I have lived in California for the majority of my life and I only fly every 2 years but while here in London I will being going to 7 different locations ( which are all super cheap). I think it is time that we start lobbying for these discount airlines to come to the states so that maybe we won’t have to save up for an entire year just to go somewhere out of state for our spring break.

But one thing that I am worried about is all the regulations that I have to follow with these airlines. From the strict check in time, to the out of the way airports they fly in and out of, even down to the VERY minimal luggage allowance they give us makes me feel like this flight will not be as enjoyable as I thought. But in the end if I have to deal with all of that to get a round trip ticket to Milan for under 70 dollars then I will gladly follow their rules.

Even with my many flights booked I still have yet to hop on any of these flights. I hope that a miracle occurs and I somehow have the best flight of my life but I know that asking for that might be pushing it. Still if my flight ends up with me sitting next to a crying baby and a grumpy old man it will still be worth it in the end once I land in my destination and get to enjoy all these amazing cities.

1 comment:

  1. Today we see that there are many companies offering Cheapest Flights. Holidaymood is online travel agency offers worldwide cheapest flights & holiday’s tour packages.

    ReplyDelete